Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Joys of Success

Our family just returned from our two weeks in Africa, which was an amazing experience -- but more on that later. That will be a separate post. We got settled in and I'm back to work on commissions!

One piece is a Little One commissioned to be a Buckskin with artist choice pinto markings. Now, I admit that I was slightly nervous taking on that commission as I have only painted one or two pintos before... for me. Having that inexperience and also being under pressure to do one correctly for someone else made me a bit jittery. I could have been chin deep in you-know-what, but I took it, and today I began the dreaded markings... I am pleasantly surprised with how they are turning out though, and a little challenge will only enhance my artwork and expand my horizons. I have a hunch that it will be well worth it, and I hope I'm correct.

I'm tickled to continue this gal and see how she turns out, so back to work! I will post pictures when she is complete. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment